Feedburner  

The reliability of Feedburner in the past month that I've had it is questionable. There are several reasons why I am suggesting either using two or more feed counters to get a better idea as to how many feeds you actually have. I am not an expert in the area of feeds, but it’s really not hard to understand why I am doubting Feedburner.

After tracking certain blogs for a few months, I started noticing the daily rising and falling of their Feedburner subscriber count. On certain days it would drop three or four subscribers, and the next day it would gain a few more. I trust my Google Analytics stats to be 100% accurate. If this is the case, I doubt I have the chance of gaining several subscribers in one day.

Another thing I noticed when observing other people's trends was, who deletes feeds that quickly? I have some feeds that I’ve probably never clicked on sitting right next to the ones I visit everyday. If my content was worth the trouble for a user to subscribe, wouldn’t it be likely that they would give me a chance to bring them some content they enjoyed?

Apparently, people shouldn't rely too much on their feed count. It’s just a number. Instead, focus more on your comments. Comments are worth money, but they should be enough to keep you going. If you have many people commenting on your work, then it will be much more entertaining and fun. It may be better to only check your feed count once every week so you don’t get discouraged by a sudden drop, or get too confident if there happens to be an increase in subscribers. Just something I noticed. :)

-Aud

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment